Friday, November 7, 2008

Don't know what to think

I'm hoping this will be my last post about politics for a while.

So, Obama will be out next President. I don't have a problem with that. I can tell you I didn't vote for him, or McCain. McCain just bothers me, and Obama is showing signs of "Business as usual".

I liked Obama, till he took Biden. Biden isn't about change. And now he's loading up with Clintons "good ol boys". So his "change" is about changing back to the way things were in the Clinton years? I've been told that these people advise him and he makes the decisons. Well, thought Bush had some good Advisors at one point. He either didn't listen to them, or, the Advise poorly. Of corse now Bush and all his staff suck. They can't leave soon enough.

I'm sure I'll anger a few, but, I think the the first Bush, and Clinton, had it easy for what Reagan had in place. They just needed to not screw it up. Bush and Clinton did alright. Then came the unfunded "No Child Left Behind". I think that's when it all started to go downhill.

Now the finace world is screwed, which trickles down to everyone. Everyone wants to blame Bush and the Republicans. Yes, they've had a hand in it, but it started before Bush. All our Politicians need to look in the mirror. They let all this crap happen. And the ones that tried to fix it, Obama and McCain included, got laughed at.

Yes, the Republicans have lost their way. Think back about 8 years, the Democrats where in about the same shape the Republicans are now. I hope one of them has learned their lesson. I'm a little right of center, don't consider myself to belong to either party. Just want all this childish crap to stop and let's get this fixed!

Here's my quick little story. I was sitting in the Manchester NH airport last May. As I watched the people coming off the planes, every race was represented. I thought, look how good things are here. And then I thought about how much better things could be if we had politicians that made choices based on what's best for everyone, not what's best to get re-elected!

If the link below works, check it out. I know, everyone thinks he's a nut, but, he has some good things to say.




The End

1 comment:

Animal said...

I think it's funny - by which I mean really, really sad - how often "we all" have the same end point in sight, but we can't agree on how to get there. You're right, of course: stuff just needs to get fixed. (Funny bit from SNL: "Fix it!") Political ideologies seem to be the thing that get in the way, and yes, that's a problem for both major parties. Then power comes into the mix, and a whole host of people start to simply grab whatever piece of the pie they can get for themselves, and forget why they went to Washington in the first place!

Paul's not a nut...he's got some great ideas. Too bad more people aren't listening.