Monday, December 29, 2008

Things

Well, I'm done being Political. There's really not much I can do. I hear other people bitchin about the same things, but, the people is Washington will never change. So, why bother. I'll wait for the Revolution.
Things just are not going my way, I'm really hoping 2009 is going to start out well. I'm losing my motivation to go to the gym. Just can't seem to get there as often as I'd like. I can't seem to keep weight off. And when I lose weight, it's not the healthy way. And losing weight isn't really why I go. The reasoning behind this madness is to keep my Core strong to avoid more surgeries. I've even debated cancelling my membership to save money. Just need to get back to seeing Sandy, my personal trainer (who cost me more money!). Maybe she can get me back on track.
Do you ever find a point in your life when you wonder what kind of person you are? I seem to evaluate myself every few years, and change things that don't seem right. Well, I'm there again. It's hard to stand back and look at your life and be critical of it. Can you really be critical of yourself? Sometimes I don't think I'm a very nice person. I try hard to see things from the other side, just can't do it all the time. It's like I've lost my way, and I don't know what to do! Maybe I didn't have a "Way" before? Really makes you think. Seems I don't have a lot of faith in people. The Air Force and past experiences have made me this way. I seem to have gone from the Shy kid I once was to the "Fuck You asshole" that I am now. That's like two extremes to me. I seem to have past what's in the middle. Hmmmmmmm... I'd like to fix that, just don't know how.
How's that for a head case? No, it hasn't been a good Holiday season for me. Hope it gets better, soon! I don't want to get older and be that crotchety old man that's not happy about anything. That seems to be the direction I'm going.

1 comment:

Animal said...

Hey, I haven't been to your site in awhile, but now I see why you asked me about MY post that seemed eeerily similar to this! Hmmm...

I saved $$ on the gym by buying a good medicine ball; I can do lots of core exercises right in the living room, all while I'm watching Kiss videos. Yay!

And, I do think you can be critical of yourself...'cause in your mind, you're the only one who knows what "the truth" is. So, to the best of your ability: change what ain't workin'. If you want some outside quasi-spiritual help, check out those authors that I mentioned in the 1/15 blog. Be well.